temporarily out of stock
Tolley's Domestic Gas Installation Practice,2
This is the second of three volumes of essential reference for those concerned with the installation and servicing of domestic and industrial gas equipment. This volume deals with the various aspects of installing and servicing domestic appliances and associated equipment.
The revised fourth edition is brought fully up to date with current Standards and the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations to reflect recent developments in industry, in line with requirements of the ACS Certificates of Competence and NVQs. The book includes new coverage of the latest flexible pipe work for domestic installations, also outlining new procedures for tightness testing and purging. Brand new sections address gas installation in caravan and non-permanent dwellings, as well as boats, yachts and other vessels, in accordance with the Code of Practice for Domestic Butane and Propane Gas Burning Installations (BS EN 10239).
Covering both Natural Gas (low and medium pressure), and Liquefied Petroleum Gas, Volume 2 reflects the new divisions to the Specifications for the Installation of Domestic Sized Gas Meters (BS 6400). The content is also fully in line with:
* The latest Building Regulations, restricting new central heating systems to high efficiency condensing boilers.
* The specification for installation and maintenance of domestic direct gas-fired tumble dryers.
* Part “P???of the building regulations for electrical work on gas appliances (Competent person self-certification schemes, Part P Special locations and kitchens 2005).
* The install, exchange, disconnect, service, repair, breakdown and commission of domestic gas fired range cooker / hot water boilers.
* The install, exchange, disconnect, service, repair, breakdown and commission of gas appliances fitted with forced draught burners in domestic dwellings.
Incorporating many illustrations and worked examples throughout the text, Volume 2 combines a concise reference with practical application in real-world engineering contexts to create an essential handbook for all aspects of the installation and servicing of domestic gas appliances, ideal for both students new to the field as well as professionals and none-operational professionals (e.g. Specifiers, Managers, Supervisors) as an ongoing source of reference.
Pipework installation; Building construction; Internal installation; Meters and services; Flueing and ventilation; Cookers, refrigerators and laundry appliances; Space heating; Water heating ???instantaneous appliances; Water heating ???storage appliances; Central heating by hot water; Central heating ???warm air systems; Heating control systems; Electrical work on gas appliances.